Do you have trouble eating or talking due to missing teeth? Would you like a permanent solution to tooth loss? Dental implants can replace your missing or damaged teeth for good. Not only do they give you back the look and feel of natural teeth, they also help protect your oral health.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Tooth loss can affect how you eat, speak and feel about your smile. While there are treatment solutions that use prosthetic appliances, the benefits of dental implants make them a popular choice. For example:
- They look and feel like natural teeth — Implants act like a single tooth. A titanium post is surgically implanted into the jawbone and a crown, the replacement tooth, sits on top of the post. The crown is made to match the rest of your teeth; you won’t notice the difference.
- Strong and durable, the post fuses with the jawbone, giving you a secure fit. There is no slipping or shifting, like dentures.
- You can eat what you like. There’s no need to avoid certain foods.
- With missing teeth, there may be a tendency to mumble when you speak. Implants give you back the ability to speak clearly.
- There’s no extra care — Brush and floss your implants just like you do with your natural teeth. Make sure to visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and exams. No special cleaning solutions are necessary.
- Dental implants have a high success rate. That means you won’t have to worry about them not fitting correctly or having to replace them. With proper care, your implants can last a lifetime.
If you would like a long-lasting solution for your missing tooth or teeth, consider dental implants. We’ll be happy to discuss the benefits and how they can fit your particular dental needs. Please call our office in Magnolia to schedule a consultation today.