Our ‘permanent’ teeth are supposed to be just that—permanent! Unfortunately, it doesn’t always happen that way. Missing teeth are more common than you might think. But if you lob yourself into the category of people struggling with tooth loss, don’t worry! There is a solution.
When you look for tooth replacement options at Magnolia Dental Care, we might offer you dental implants. A dental implant is an increasingly popular and very effective method to replace missing teeth.
Dental implants are designed to be just like your natural teeth. A natural tooth has a root that is connected to the jawbone, and the visible part of the tooth, the crown. Dental implants are the same.
Why Replace Missing Teeth?
Missing teeth can be unsightly and uncomfortable, but they can also have serious effects on your overall oral health.
Your other teeth may shift into the gap, causing misalignment in your mouth. This misalignment can become uncomfortable and even painful, as well as leave the rest of your teeth extra crooked and uneven.
Leaving a gap in your smile makes the rest of your teeth more susceptible to cavities and decay. Once you have lost one tooth, you want to protect the rest of your teeth by filling the gap with a replacement like a dental implant.
Why should you choose tooth implants over other restorative options and what is Magnolia Dental Care doing to mitigate any negative aspects of dental implants?
Dental Implant Pros
Dental implants from Magnolia Dental Care can give you oral stability and functionality again. That’s not all they can do. There are many benefits to using dental implants to replace your missing teeth such as:
- Teeth that last a lifetime. With proper care, dental implants are a long-term solution. They can last years, all the while providing a strong surface for chewing and speaking.
- A gorgeous smile. Dental implants are created just for you to give you a smile that looks natural.
- Fewer costs later. Replacing a tooth may never be a low-cost endeavor, but it can prevent gum disease and other problems that could cost you money later.
- Treatment for your needs. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or several. Our team will cater your care to your specific needs.
Dr. Radkey is highly trained and has years of experience in dental implant surgery. When you choose Magnolia Dental Care, you get quality implants that are administered, safely, skillfully, and accurately.
Dental Implant Cons
You might be nervous about the idea of dental implants. That’s okay! Don’t let that anxiety stop you from getting the care you need, though. If you are considering getting dental implants, make sure you bring up any concerns from this list with Dr. Radkey and he and the rest of our team can help you through the implant process.
No dental service is completely perfect, however, Magnolia Dental Center does all we can to make our implantation process as smooth and hitch-free. The following is a list of common concerns we address about dental implants:
- I’m Afraid of Surgery: Surgery can be rough, especially during recovery. Our office makes the whole process less painful and stressful by providing sedation dentistry. We’ll do everything we can to keep you comfortable during the procedure.
- Implants Are Expensive: Other tooth-replacement options might be cheaper, but most won’t give you the long-lasting natural look that implants do. Implants do a lot to keep your mouth, teeth, and even your jaw healthy and strong.
- The Procedure Takes Time: Not all patients have that time for multiple dental visits and an oral surgery. But we assure you the sacrifice is worth it for the confidence, functionality, and health benefits provided by dental implants.
If you have more concerns, talk with Dr. Radkey. He is always willing to speak with patients about treatments and help them feel at ease.
Get Dental Implants in Our Seattle, Washington, Office!
Call our Seattle office today to speak with our highly trained and compassionate staff to set up an appointment or get more information about dental implants and the other services we provide.
Let our team help you get the smile you want with custom dental implants! Schedule an appointment today.